Monday has rolled around again - they keep coming faster and faster! But I seem to be kicking into high gear - "falling back" as we did this past weekend always seems to help me! My time clock works better with daylight early in the morning, I think. So let's see what I managed to accomplish this week...
1. Finish cutting and piece the gift quilt.
Done! It took me until just a little while ago, but I did finish this top! And I love it!
2. Bind at least three quilts for the quilt ministry.
Done! I finished these three...
3. Clean up my sewing studio.
Well, sort of. I cleared the decks enough to start working on more projects, but I really need to do some more. Where are those minions when I need them?!?!?!?
4. Make a back for Lilli's annual quilt.
Done! Simple, but fun!
5. Write a tutorial for the photo quilt.
In progress! I'll have it finished tomorrow so it can post for Wednesday!
6. Finish answering giveaway emails, and draw for the winners!
Done! And not only did I draw the winners, today I mailed off all the packages!
This is just part of what I mailed off today - more about that below!
7. Finalize a pattern for Nathanael's annual quilt.
I haven't done this yet - and I'll explain why below!
8. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
This quilt went to a man who suffered an aneurysm and brain surgery...
And this one went to a woman just diagnosed with breast cancer.
This quilt is now comforting a woman who had a stroke...
And this one is being delivered to a woman with leukemia.
Finally, this quilt is going to be given to a woman whose mother died unexpectedly last week.
One of the extra things I did last week was participate in an Instagram event - #getyourquiltywishesgranted2! Such a cool event, with quilters helping other quilters find that thing they've been searching for! I asked for help with Batman fabrics for Nathanael's annual quilt - I've had a hard time finding a good variety of prints locally - and about ten people are sending me some bits and bobs from their own stashes! So to pay it forward, I've been granting some quilty wishes myself - and that bag pictured in #6 above was actually filled to overflowing when I went to the post office today! And because I'm waiting for the Batman fabrics to come it, I'm waiting to finalize the design for Nathanael's quilt until I see exactly what I have to work with.
And Purl Soho has lured me (temporarily) over to the Dark Side with their free Seafaring Scarf pattern - I've been having a lot of fun working on this in the evenings....
So that's what I've been working on this week. Staying busy and definitely keeping out of trouble! Here's what's on tap for this week...
1. Quilt a baby quilt for a friend.
2. Make a back for the gift quilt.
3. Cut out Emmy's annual quilt.
4. Design and write an estimate for three memory quilts.
5. Bind at least three quilts for the quilt ministry.
6. Write up some patterns related to the Artisan projects.
7. Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
There's definitely no rest for the wicked! But I love getting to work on all these lovely projects - I'm so lucky I get to spend all day doing something I'm passionate about!
So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?